Setting up a node tutorial put together by TheNodeCatcher
To see the Official Presearch Node Setup Instructions, head to:
- 2.Fill out the typeform https://presearchcommunity.typeform.com/to/UkDumktm?typeform-source=presearch.medium.com
- 3.join the telegram https://t.me/presearch
- 4.wait up to 24hrs to receive approval to run a node. Once you have received confirmation, go to vultr.com and set up your VPS. Deploy a new server and choose the following options
- 1.Cloud compute
- 2.Newyork (NJ)
- 3.Ubuntu 21.04 x64
- 4.10 GB $3.50/mo
- 5.Name your server whatever you want
- 6.click deploy
- 6.The website will say to install docker, but first you need to log into terminal or putty. Once logged in, install docker
- 7.you will see something like this: type in
sudo apt install docker.iothen hit enter
- 8.Type in y and then hit enter. Next type in
sudo systemctl status dockerthen hold down the command key on your keyboard and press c then press enter. This is to verify that docker is running properly.
- 9.Hold down Control key and hold down on C and then enter to exit out of checking on the status.
- 10.Go to https://nodes.presearch.org/dashboard and login to access your registration and API codes.
- 12.Scroll down until you see step 3. If you're using a mac, make sure the Linux/Mac tab is selected. Copy and paste this command into your notepad because you will need this command.
docker stop presearch-node ; docker rm presearch-node ; docker stop presearch-auto-updater ; docker rm presearch-auto-updater ; docker run -d --name presearch-auto-updater --restart=unless-stopped -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock containrrr/watchtower --cleanup --interval 300 presearch-node ; docker pull presearch/node ; docker run -dt --name presearch-node --restart=unless-stopped -v presearch-node-storage:/app/node -e REGISTRATION_CODE=$YOUR_REGISTRATION_CODE_HERE presearch/node ; docker logs -f presearch-node
$YOUR_REGISTRATION_CODE_HEREwith the registration code from step 10. Copy your new/edited command, go to the terminal and paste the command and press enter.
- 15.Scroll down to "Current Nodes" and see if your node is appearing. If your node is there then click on stake.
- 16.Type in the amount you'd like to stake. The minimum is 1000 but you can do more if you'd like.
- 17.Type in whatever you want for the description
- 18.The other information is optional. Once completed, click update. Within a few minutes, your reputation show a number and continue to increase.